Friday, February 6, 2009

Bus stop chat


Y'all know it's cold in my neck of the woods. Therefore, my little man needs mittens. I have bought him 3 pair of Lands End mittens...in case one gets "misplaced"...he is a 6 yr old boy. It's recess day and mittens are a must. I checked his back pack...no mittens...his basket in the mud room...still, no mittens, hmm...3 pair and no mittens. My blood starts to boil and I make a bee line for little man.

We chat, really, I did not yell, frustrated strong voice, but no yelling...he has no idea where they are. Could be in my locker...he says sheepishly. Ok then...no mittens, no recess. (ouch, that hurt me, his mama, cause they only have recess once a week and it's sunny today) He walks away chin to the ground. Sigh...I hate this, but there needs to be consequences to his loosing 3 pair of mittens. (see, we've talked about where to put them when he gets home from school...he has a cute basket for his mittens in the mud room)

Moments later standing at the bus stop, it hits me...end on a positive note. Little man is sliding up and down the snow packed street waiting for the bus. I explain to him that I am frustrated about the lost mittens BUT Iove him to the moon and back again. A precious smile covers his face and he tells me...I love you 12 times around the world...bigger grin...naw...a Zillion times around the world. My heart melted as he gave me the sweetest hug ever. I love being a mama.

23 comments:

Sherry said...

Aww, man! It doesn't get any better than that! Priceless.
Good job, Mom!

What a beautiful picture. We had ice and sleet two weeks ago and it just melted off our front sidewalk and in front of the garage door yesterday! There are still huge piles of sleet around town that has not yet melted. And . . it's yucky stuff -- not beautiful like your snow.

Lisa & Gerald said...

Hey you I'm here for a cuppa tea! How ya doing girl! That thing about kids and mitten so true i tell ya we go thu this with my 5 year girl! It's a never ending story! Hehehehe
Well any ways girl I hope you have a great weekend!
Stop by any time for a tea ! The kettle is always on at my place!
Hugs

April said...

I've been through this scenario a thousand and one times...but, I just keep right on lovin' and forgivin'. Have a wonderful weekend!♥ Gorgeous picture...it's going to be in the upper 60's here this weekend!

Sit A Spell said...

Wanted y'all to know...little man walked in the door declaring: "Mama, I think you'll appreciate what I brought home." He had one pair of mittens...has anyone seen his other black mittens??? However, I did praise him for the pair he brought home.

Sandra said...

Oh my gosh...what a sweet story! And that picture - darling! Way to go Mom! And what about that little doll saying "I think you'll appreciate what I brought home"... too good for words!!

The Raggedy Girl said...

As a Grandma who heard my little charge explain he got in trouble at school for trying to glue the lid of the glue to his forehead and all I could think is come here and get a big hug. I am sure there is a spot out there in the big world just right for you buddy!
Roberta Anne

Anonymous said...

So sweet! What a good Mama you are!

Thanks for dropping by my blog...hope you'll come back!

valerie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I love your snow pictures! I don't think I'd like th -6 degrees, but the snow is so pretty.

We had a fun evening celebrating my son's birthday. It really does seem like just a few years ago that he was 6 yrs. old. So, I say....definitely enjoy. Time flies!

Enjoy your weekend.

Jennifer said...

This one is priceless and precious! I am loving all of your snow pictures and still waiting on my shipment! But, then again...it was 63 degress here today and in the 30's yesterday. Go figure!

Hope you find the 2 other pair of mittens somewhere along the way...probably, in the summer when you don't need them anymore.

I love how you put a precious smile back on that baby's face before he went off to school. Great job, mom! You're a good mom!

Joyce said...

Such a sweet post. Glad he found a pair to bring home for the weekend since it looks like you still have plenty of snow to enjoy.

You have a few years yet but just wait until he hits 7th grade. Something happens to kids and remembering stuff in 7th grade : )

Cheers, Joyce

Debbie Petras said...

How fun to travel to all different climates through bloggy land! Living in Phoenix, Arizona our weather is quite different from yours. But I love to look at pictures of snow. I grew up on Long Island in NY so I'm no stranger to snow but it's been awhile.

Thanks for stopping by Heart Choices. I love your blog photos and design. I'll be back to get to know you better. And yes, I do enjoy Point of Grace but I didn't go to the Baptist college you mentioned. However, my home church is North Phoenix Baptist. Maybe we met somewhere else? No matter, we'll get to know each other here. :)

Sheila said...

Great job mama. This was my first visit to your blogsite. Incredible pic's. I am a FL girl dont get to see much snow.

Jules from "The Roost" said...

I am learning how those little boys can melt your heart! :)

The Davis Family said...

So sweet!

Diane said...

My first visit and I enjoyed it immensely! I guess I'm just more suited for being an aunt than a Mom. All I could think was what a little sweetie, you just go on out and play to your heart's content today! See, told you so! Great post and you're an awesome Mom!

Diane

Ms. Tee said...

Oh, that is so precious! That's great that you got to end on a positive note like that! :)

Brooke said...

aww! how sweet. :)

Such The Spot said...

Don't I hear ya. Sometimes I feel like the job part of the mom gets in the way of the good stuff. I guess it's gotta be done though.

That whole ending on a high note thing is something I need to work on. Thanks for the reminder!

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Oh, I love this post..so sweet. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Yes, the ice storm hit our area...very hard. We live near Eureka Springs. I have been to Hot Springs, many times. I went to OBu in Arkadelphia. I love that area. Small World, huh?!

Marie Anne said...

Just wandered in from a friend's blog - thanks for the opportunity to 'sit a spell'.

(Pssst - check with the bus driver for the mittens. We always had kids leaving things behind).

Christine said...

Did the little man find his mittens in time for recess? I think it is so sweet how you ended on a high note before he went off to school. Boys will be boys and things get lost. One missed recess can help any child keep track of their mittens. My mom use to sew mine right onto my coat!...lol yeah guess who else was always losing her mittens? Now I just misplaces keys, purse, coats, etc....

Debra said...

I love this! (Isn't it so difficult to give little boys consequences, since they do melt our hearts?)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Any friend of Jules is a friend of mine!

Kristen said...

Makes me think of the Three Little Kittens who had lost their mittens!

Glad he found a pair!