Saturday, August 22, 2009

Feels Like FALL

It is down right chilly today in Michigan! Upper 50's and cloudy with a Canadian wind! Brrr! I bought a pumpkin pie at the Farmer's Market today, where Little Man hopped up and down saying..."please mama please...it's fall today!"

Look...Hubby forgot to be somber...y'all know what we are doin'...right?
There ya go Hubby...it was such a wonderful day that being somber was hard to do! We took tons of photos and chose a couple to send in our Christmas cards.
However, these days somber comes more naturally. Many of y'all know we are trying to sell our home in Michigan...talk about some somber! It even brings down a happy girl like me. I am thankful that I know I have a God who is in total control and will take care of my family. Please be in prayer for us as we are in transition back to the South.

17 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Sweetie! Your pics are great!! Love the Ma and Pa Kettle at the end!!

Wow, falling leaves...we'll have some, too, by the end of September.

I am ushering in fall with my home decor in the next couple of weeks. I just can't resist! I will also check around and see got the first shiopment of mums ins and pick some up!! Can't wait!

Hoping and trusting that you will get to spend at least part of your fall at your new home down here!

Enjoy your weekend, and know that I'm praying!!

Love and hugs,
Becky

BECKY said...

forgive my typos...I've been going between my daughter's Mac and this and the keys are spaced differently!!

HUGS!!!

Jai Joshi said...

The fall colours are gorgeous. You guys look great too. I love your pink skirt!

Jai

Lindsay-ann said...

Your pictures are beautiful and will be perfect for your Christmas cards. I will pray for your move to go smoothly and for your new life in Florida to begin soon.
Hope you are having a lovely Saturday.
Lindsay
x

Joyce said...

What pretty pictures-you'd never know its August. Praying all goes smoothly and your home sells quickly. It is easy to go into panic mode mid-move but God is in the details so keep on trusting in the timing.

I will keep you in my prayers as this topic is near and dear to my heart at the moment! On the bright side you now have some lovely photos-I'm pretty sure it doesn't look and feel like fall in Florida right now : )

Enjoy your weekend...Joyce

Mindy said...

WOW!!! I'm down here in the HOT south (NC) and am wishing for FALL weather myself. I LOVE everything about fall!

April said...

Love all of your beautiful pictures! I will definitely lift you and your family up in my prayers during this trying time.

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Oh dear, I sure know all about somber & selling a home. It took us a while 2 years ago due to the down turn of the economy and housing market. I wish you many, many showings in the near future. I can't believe Fall has arrived there already, look at the turned leaves... wow. Darling skirt by the way.. great pics of the family.

I'm sorry you were unable to find that shop. I asked hubby today after reading your message. He said we were heading toward Goshen, and it was on a long road.. on the left side. Sorry, no more details than that. He seems to recall it being owned by the Millers. I think there is a picture of it on my blog. A very plain white building. An amish family runs it, and it is mostly only patronized by the locals, but Marcia (the innkeeper) told us we needed to stop by.

Enjoy your Fall like weather.

Heart2Heart said...

How beautiful the fall like picture is! I keep waiting for our own fall leaves to begin falling but I think we will be waiting a whole lot longer.

Hope you stop by my blog and become part of my new family! We can sit and chat and perhaps have a glass of apple cider, hot of course.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

About Southern Belle said...

What great pictures and the cool weather sounds lovely! Praying your house in Michigan sells quickly and your transition to the South smooth.

Dorothy said...

Wonderful early fall pictures!!! Praying that you will soon be able to sell your house. Put it is God's hands, (as I know you have already done), and ask Him to send a buyer to you. That's what I did and when He sent one, I dared not turn him away, although I didn't get quite my asking price! I bought another one and two years later when I married, I had to ask Him to send me another buyer. God answered my prayers and I did get my asking price this time. It just boggles my mind how God takes care of us!!! Peace and blessings!

Kristen said...

SERIOUSLY... your leaves have already started to turn? Brrrr! It's been cold here in Indiana too! Feels like fall! I wanted to have a fire in the fireplace and make a pot of chili over the weekend... but refused! I kept saying to myself... It's August!

Love your pics!

Lisa & Gerald said...

What you already have leaves on the ground..We just started seeing the leaves change colour...We had the most weirdest summer weather..It rained most part of summer with really strong winds...Just in the last little bit we had warm weather...now its back to the chilly cold damp weather again..Oh I hope the snows not going to fly soon....Hope you guys have a great move to the south...ummmm wonder if we will have summer weather in our winter month's and wearing our summer clothes Well you guys have 3 feet of snow...Hehehe that would be to funny J/K..Hope you have a great week... Got the kettle on Im stopping by for tea....

Brenda said...

Ma and Pa is a great one! Did I really see fall leaves on that tree? I didn't realize fall came so soon there.
Be blessed.

Anonymous said...

The fall colors are beautiful! It's amazing to me that it's so "cold" up there. Still in the 90s here in NC.

Miss Janice said...

Goodness gracious...it's still blazing hot down here in Florida. Send some cool air my way please! I definitely am chopping at the bit do embrace autumn--decorations, food, etc.

kim said...

Hey Shelley!

If I could keep on the blogging thing I may have learned about your move before now.

I am sorry to hear that y'all are moving. We are still trying to sell our place. I imagine you will have better luck - you're home is so BEAUTIFUL!

We really should get together for tea sometime so we can catch up.

Blessings,
Kim