Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Brrr...view from my front porch

We've been down south for the Christmas holiday where it was up to 74 one day! When we drove into town here in MI, it was 8 degrees! I had to shovel first thing this morning. I think I'll have a cup of hot tea before the kids get home from school...Happy New Yr to all y'all !


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your post and I am an avid porch sitter...lols. I just started here on Blogger and am trying to get to know more friends here. I blog on other blogging communitys and wanted to venture here. I hope to learn more about this Blog.

Have a blessed day.

Stacey said...

74 here last Saturday and 28 on Sunday! We were so thankful for that beautiful day.

Twice as Nice said...

I hate winter because of the cold but the snow is pretty. Last year winter went on and on for us. If it was from Nov. to Feb. and then Spring I think I could handle it. We had very cold before Christmas and a lot of snow. Suppose to get cold again Sat.

Lisa & Gerald said...

Brrr is the word! It's cold,cold and snowing! Now we know why the birds fly south!
I hope ya have the tea on for a cuppatea!
Hugs girl stay warm!

April said...

Oh, my goodness...those pictures are gorgeous! I don't know if I could handle 8 degrees, though! That's freezing!!! It's been so warm all day here...upper 60's. I think it's about time to drag out my swimsuit! HA!

Shelley said...

Beautiful snow photos! We're suppose to head up to Northern Mich to our cabin but will probably wait till Sunday because of all the snow expected up there the next few days! Stay warm!

Sandra said...

The pics are beautiful to "look" at, but not as much fun to "shovel". . . :-) Enjoy your tea!!

The Raggedy Girl said...

Thanks for sharing your snow. I have no, nor do I have any hope of any. It looks so beautiful. Enjoy your tea.
Roberta Anne

Ms. Tee said...

Gosh - I'm in the south and we're having a very weird warm spell! Wish it would snow just a little bit :) Happy New Year to you, too!

Lindsay-ann said...

It's very cold and icy over here too but luckily no snow. Your pictures are so pretty.
Happy New Year.
Lindsay

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Well, I am sure it was no fun to shovel, but it sure looks pretty! I hope you enjoyed that cup of tea!
Carrie

Shell in your Pocket said...

OH how pretty! I love snow..not much snow here... a lot of wind..bbbrrrr!
-sandy toe

Lorrie said...

Thanks for visiting me today! Your pictures are beautiful. Here in NC we've had lots of rain but no snow at all. A cup of tea is one of my favorite things in the winter!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

I cannot imagine having that much snow!!! It is beautiful I have to say. We have summer one day and winter the next. That's crazy!

Miss Janice said...

Down in South Florida it has been in the 70's since I moved here December lst. I have to admit that it's so nice NOT to have sleet and ice like we did near Memphis. Your photo however, is so beautiful. Happy New Year to you.

Vessel said...

hello
lovely pictures
i found you through Keeping Up With The Jones- Denise.
I had to see who this other jules was!
you have a beautiful family

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. A cup of tea in the afternoon before the kids get home is one of my favorite ways to spend the afternoon. And if I have a new magazine to read, like today, that is all the better.

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

The snow is beautiful! But I'm with you, I need the sunshine!
Thanks for visiting my blog, hope you enjoyed meeting all of our animals!
Bridget

Cathy said...

The Great Wolf Lodge is about a 10-15 minute drive from my house.

trish said...

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful! I can not imagine waking to such beauty. :o)
It has been in the 70's the past several days and looking outside my window now, the yard is covered in robins!