Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I was asked: do you ONLY shovel the snow?

We had fun 'til the sun went down that day. Right now it is too cold to go sledding. It's in the single digits and will be really cold for days to come. I think there will be lots of hot cocoa drinking and looking out the window at the snow on their days off next week from school.
Notice how "Sissy" is really watching little man gather that snow, she knows what he's up to!
It is true...I shovel a lot of snow. Hubby says it's good exercise and we should not hire it out. Well, seems like I'm the one getting all that " good exercise" these days. It makes that hot cup of tea when I come inside even more enjoyable! However, I do have tons of fun in the snow too! We have a sled hill in our front yard where these photos were taken. I'm thinkin' we have enough sleds too...there's more in the garage! So, to answer your question...no, I don't only shovel!

19 comments:

April said...

Temps in the single digits??? Now, that's COLD! I have to venture out a bit later and I dread it...the temp is 35 right now, so I won't be a happy camper!

That snow looks like such fun...I'm sure it probably gets a little old after awhile, though! Great photos!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh..these pictures make me want to get some snow..I don't think it will happen here!
-sandy toe

Miss Janice said...

Looks like fun times in the snow! Girl, I don't envy the snow shoveling:-)

Unknown said...

What pretty photos, but we have had enough already (with the measley three inches and all). People here are crazy when it snows -- and I love looking at it, but don't like the consequences.

Laurie and Alan said...

Hi, I (Laurie) found your blog from Joanie's (Blooming where I'm Planted, we're friends in blogging and have actually met through blogging).
I loved looking at all your beautiful gardening pictures! I LOVE gardening and TEA too.
We just finished a month of very cold weather and record snow here in WA state, Pacific NW, at our place we had 3 feet, that's a lot for here.
Great to "meet" you, stop by our blog sometime!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Good for you for being the "shoveler!" I admit I let my husband take care of it, but being pregnant, I feel OK with that. I sent your charms out today...hopefully they will get to you in a few days! :)
Carrie

Jodee said...

Cute snow pictures! I agree -- shoveling is great exercise!

Thanks for stopping by our blog today!

Lindsay-ann said...

I just can't imagine having so much snow for such a long time. We have it cold here but don't get the snow! Your family look to be having such fun on their sleds. It makes me want to come and join in. Is the kettle on?
Lindsay

The Raggedy Girl said...

I used to live further up in the mountains and I always loved shoveling snow. I am loving seeing everyone's snow photos.
Roberta Anne

Toia said...

We just started to experience some cold weather. All before our highs have been in the 70s and the lows in the 50s and 60s.

So as for the single digits....Yikes!!

Leaon Mary said...

Brrrr it IS cold there! I wouldn't last long in that kind of weather, but we'll soon see because it's supposed to drop to single digits here this week!!!!!! ARKANSAS? EGADS* Now if you could please send some of that snow down here with the cold!!

Glad you get some sleddin in sometimes! All work n no play makes Jill a dull girl remember* lol
STAY WARM, and drink some tea for me!!!
L

Lanny said...

Hey, I love your snow! We had some briefly at Christmas, what a treat, but now we are in false spring mode.

I'm glad you swung into my place today, but you caught me with an accidental post up. It published before I wanted it to, it's fixed now, so I hope you will come on back and see something besides an accident.

How did you happen upon my blog? Always curious to know that.

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Burrrrrrr Looks like lots of fun and work! LOL All I am asking for is ONE good snow this year!

*Pink Preppy Party Girl* said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Stay warm!

Ms. Tee said...

I'd so love to come sledding with y'all, when it reaches double digits of course! ;)

Brooke said...

your weather looks cold...and gorgeous!

we don't even have any snow in the mountains right now. :|

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow, that is COLD...we don't have that sort of weather in South Africa. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I love how the internet gives us opportunity to make friends from far away:)

Hugs

Tracy's Porch said...

That looks fun.

I laughed out loud that your hubby said shoveling snow is good exercise but you seem the only one getting it. Typical!

Snippety Gibbet said...

I looooooooooove snow....until I remember that shoveling part. YUCK!