Here are some painted barn quilts we saw as we drove around the area going to old Covered Bridges! Does anyone know why these barns are dark in color??? If you do, please leave me a note...cause I don't. I'm thinkin' tobacco stain? See, IDK. My next post will be...The Bridges of Northern Kentucky.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



22 comments:
I love pictures of barns. The quilts are quite lovely.
I had no idea they hung quilts on barns like that. Very cool & beautiful. don't know why the barns are dark either.
Debbie
How neat! I'm so glad you posted more of these! I'll have to ask my husband about them. He was born in KY & went to college there, too. :)
Great pics...I'll ask my mother in law. She knows a lot about barns...she's done some trips to see them too and has several books..it was a hobby for a while. Plus, she just knows lots of stuff : )
What a beautiful drive! If we ever move to the country, I will have to have a quilt on the barn!!
COOL! =)
Thank you for the Kentucky Barn Quilt tour. I LOVED it. I hope you find out why they are dark in color.
Have a great weekend.
Lindsay
Hi to you too! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I just started back again today...computer fried last week, so I had to go on "vacation". ;) I love your blog-just signed up to be your "follower." Hope my comments on the MOPS board weren't too harsh--I was just soooo disappointed with the new theme. :( Hope to see you in the blog world soon. :)
I recently saw an article in a magazine about these barn quilts, I will try to find it and see if they explain the dark barn siding in there. I love the photos, they're wonderful! Are you from Kentucky? It's a beautiful place, we drive through on all our trips to my husband's home country: Alabama! He's a southerner stuck in Michigan, too!
XOXO
Joni
I absolutely love barns of any kind. The quilt paintings are just beautiful! What a great way of advertising what they are so well known for....well other than tobacco and Jim Beam, that is!!!
Diane
It's a beautiful contrast of new painted quilt against a old barn. Reminds me of the quote, Anything old can become new again.
Interesting pictures of barns. I read somewhere why barns are painted red, but don't know why they are dark.
Thanks for coming by. I enjoyed your lovely blog and all your pictures.
Smiles.
Thanks for visiting my blog. Looks like we have a lot in common. I will be back! Have a blessed weekend.
Oh, forgot to tell you...love the pics. Kentucky, Tennesse, Virginia are all such lovely states to travel and see. I was actually born in VA. But have been a Texan since the age of 6. Navy brat! :-)
Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. I enjoy hearing from you. I have always said I'd love to live in a barn (true); the ones you photographed could be easily modified to accommodate me... and my cows and chickens and ducks and goats... Dream on...;) Hope you are enjoying the weekend. Naomi
Are these painted on the barns? I've never seen anything quite like this! Just beautiful!!
How enchanting! I love quilts, and have made many in my day. There's nothing quite so cozy as a folded quilt at the end of the bed. Loved your scenery. Thanks for taking me along!
Brenda
I love barns - it was neat to see these!!
Hello - I wanted to come over and thank you for stopping by "my place". Thanks for the good wishes, too.
Wish I could tell you why the barns are dark, but I don't have a clue;)
Thanks for opening my eyes... I thought hex signs and flags were the only things folks painted on their barns!
Wow, love these barns!
We have quite a few Quilt blocks on various barns near our home in Kentucky. They just keep popp'n up!
Post a Comment