Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"Lefty"


I wonder why I am always out of bird seed? Hmm, could be the large variety of birds they have up here! We call him Lefty, because he only has his rack on the left side! His "wife and 2 kids" visit too...here's one fawn.



29 comments:

Ginger said...

What an adorable picture of the deer eating the bird seed.
I love your porch and your gorgeous trees. I scrolled down and read some of your other posts, and the red trees really caught my eye.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.
Ginger

Jeni said...

ooo I love the color of your blog. That deer is funny.

Correct...lay the crackers whole flat on the pan. it only takes like one pack in the box. Break it up after it cools. This stuff is the best...let me know how yours turns out. Happy Thanksgiving!

Angie said...

Loved seeing those pictures of the deer! I don't get to see that where I live!

Shelley said...

What a cute photo of your buck friend!! Love it!!

trish said...

Good Morning,
What a delight it has been to read your blog. Your "variety of birds" are quite large! :o) Your kindness shown to your neighbor's workers was nice. I am looking forward to visiting your blog again.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

the voice of melody said...

I didn't know deer liked bird seeds! Guess poor Lefty must have been hungry.

Your blog looks beautiful. :)

Just To Praise Him... said...

Thankyou so much and I will defintately appreciate your prayers fir our girls!!!! I hope you have an absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving!! If you need me, just holler!!!

Nicole

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope to come back after I return from the Thanksgiving week. I love your deer and the beauty you capture on your blog through pictures. Nature photography paints a story all its own. I love to look through the lenses of someone else's camera.

God bless your family this week. May his abiding love and presence be your portion.

peace~elaine

Danielsen5 said...

Your blog makes me home sick! I was born and raised in northern MI. Lived in the same town for 33 years, my oldest dd and my grandson still live there. Where in MI are you? I am from Gaylord, hear of it?

Thanks for stoping by my blog. Please come back to visit and sign up as a follower.

Blessings, Beth Ann

Darlene said...

What a great picture of the deer! That is soooo neat to have deer right in your backyard. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Look at him! wow...great picture!
-sandy toes

Dawn Marie said...

you have a lovely home and I like the blog decor also!

What I would give to have deer come into our yard. I feed the birds also but its the squirrels here that rob the seed. Its quite expensive i think to take care of gods creatures..but I love it

Tina said...

I'm amazed they have the patience to nip at that feeder until they get some seed! Great shot! Love the name lefty..wonder what happened to the right antlers! I enjoyed reading several of your posts. Love the little side pics of your porch showing diff. times of the yr. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, pretty deer! Thank you for coming by to see me last week. I've been on the run ever since, but wanted to stop by & say hello. Please come back to see me again!

Shaunta said...

That makes me think of that deer in the movie "Open Season." He remarks that he is half doe and half buck. . ."I'm a duck!" he says. LOL

Great pictures!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Sandra said...

Gorgeous pictures. Your surroundings look so serene...like a dream! Cute children! Have a happy Thanksgiving!

XUE said...

Poor Lefty! I wonder what happened...the story he could tell, if he could.

Unknown said...

Beautiful deer! My parents feed the deer in their front yard too, I really miss living near nature sometimes.

Lindsay-ann said...

Thanks for showing the wonderful pictures of the deer in your garden. In England we get plenty of squirrels and birds but never a deer.
Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.
Lindsay

Cathy said...

How funny is that?! Looks like you'll have to buy the economy size bird seed now.
Thanks for commenting at my blog.

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

My, that is a large bird you have there! :-) Cute pic!

Dana and Daisy said...

I wouldn't want to come face to face with the deer that broke his right horns off!

Lisa & Gerald said...

Awwww that's too cute!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful pictures of the deer! I love watching them in our backyard drinking from the pond. :)

Thanks for sharing! Love your blog, I'll be back to visit. :)

Jessica said...

Awe~ I love deer...you took great photos! Thanks so much for coming by~ Please stop in anytime. :)

J.

ginny said...

wow, magical. I am blog hopping and have found you. such fun x

driftwood said...

what a treat to get some beautiful wildlife in your garden - even if it does cost you a lot in birdseed...

Melissa Stover said...

how cool! what a great shot.

Kelly said...

Wow - Lefty is close to you! I love wildlife. We had 3 deer in our neighborhood the other day, and the kids loved seeing them.